The Daily Mail and Digital Journal offer step-by-step instructions (and the rationale) for deleting your history before March 1st. For those of you who haven’t seen it floating around Facebook (ht: Jenn, among others), here’s how you do it:
1. Go to the Google homepage and sign into your account.
2. Click the dropdown menu next to your name in the upper-right hand corner of your screen.
3. Click accounts settings.
4. Find the “Services section.”
5. Under “Services” there is a sub-section that reads “View, enable, disable web history.” Click the link next to it that reads: “Go to Web History.”
6. Click on “Remove all Web History.”
7. When you click on “Remove all Web History,” your web history will be paused.” Click “OK”. While it is paused, although Google will continue gathering and storing information about your web history, it will make all data anonymous.